Seneca Monster Canoe and Kayak RaceS:
the Classic and the Challenge
Seneca Monster Classic
Sept 28, 2019
10 mile race on the beautiful Seneca-Cayuga canal, Seneca County, New York
This late-season canal race attracts top-level canoe, kayak, and surf-ski athletes. Enjoy the first touch of fall with a great, cheerful end of season event.
Most of the course is on the Seneca-Cayuga canal, about 30-50 yards wide, with very little current. There is a very limited open water section, but Seneca can be... a monster.
Seneca Monster Classic Details
Date: Saturday, September 28, 2019
- Location: Oak Island, 1 Oak Street, Waterloo, NY.
- Distance: 10 miles. See the course map on this site. No carries.
- Registration: On-site registration 9AM-10AM.
- Start: Paddler's meeting 10:30AM. First Wave starts at 11AM
- Entry Fee: $25
- Contact: Jeff -- j . l . hogue @ gmail.com
- Classes: Most standard NYMCRA classes .
- Course Type: 90% flat water. Includes 1 mile foray into the sometimes formidable Seneca Lake.
the MonsteR Challenge
August 3, 2019
A legendary open water challenge
Congratulations to Joe Schlimmer and Michael Schlimmer for laying down the initial time to beat:
6 hours, 41 minutes, and 25 seconds
From Watkins Glen to Geneva, NY