Workshop on Semantic Systems Biology
Part of the Semantic Trilogy, Montreal, Canada, July 7th 2013
Workshop on Semantic Systems Biology aims
to bring together individuals who undertake research, build and use
tools and technologies pertinent to semantic systems biology. We seek
presentations of new or enhanced ontologies, ‘omics datasets, and
innovative tools for working with semantically annotated large scale
datasets, models, simulations and results. A series of flash talks gives
researchers the possibility to advertise their ongoing work. Finally,
the workshop will provide an opportunity for participants to have a
frank discussion about the state of the art and what we as a community
need to focus on in the next 3 years.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
We welcome four types of submissions:
- ontologies & terminologies for modeling computational biology
- ontologies & terminologies for simulation (and result data) in computational biology/medicine/neuroscience
- semantic web technologies for description, integration, query and discovery of models, simulations and result data
- semantic web technologies for biological data and analysis
- semantic annotations of bio-models
- applications of ontologies in computational systems biology/medicine/neuroscience
- semantic platforms for undertaking and visualizing simulation results
- short papers, up to 4 pages.
- long papers, up to 7 pages.
- position papers, up to 1 page.
- late breaking reports, up to 1 page.
See the ICBO website for further information on the submission types.
*update* -- All submission are due on Friday, April 26 2013.
Notification of acceptance: May 12th, 2013
Please provide your submission in PDF format, using the Word or Latex template, and submit via the Easychair website.