The Construction of economic history:
methodological approaches and cross-discipline cooperation.
This seminar is organized by graduate students and young researchers, and tackles methodological issues specific to the historical study of the economy. For each theme, a two step process is followed. In a first time, a preparatory session is devoted to the discussion of classic texts, then in a second session we invite a senior researcher whose work helped to think the issue addressed. The discussion will focus on the making of past researches as much as on the development of new perspectives.
Most of the sessions will be in French.
Please contact us for any information.
What is counterfactual history ?
- Jeudi 16 September, reading session
- Mardi 21 September with Jean-Laurent Rosenthal
The long-run and quantitative history
- Vendredi 10 Décembre 10h -12h, reading session
- Jeudi 16 Décembre 14h30 -16h30 with Jean-Yves Grenier
contact : Eric Monnet
Incentives and institutional change
-Vendredi 14 Janvier 10-12h, reading session
- 20 Janvier (TBC) with Robert Allen
contact : Clément Dherbécourt
Legal norms and laws
- Vendredi 11 Mars, 10-12h, reading session
- Mercredi 16 Mars, 17-19h with Claire Lemercier
contact : Annie Loeser
Last session , Avril 2011, TBA