Next meeting is going to take place at SOAS on Saturday, 23rd October 2010.
Nigel Vincent will be an invited speaker and could talk about topics such as:
- Paraphrastic constructions and the morphosyntax interface
- LFG in theoretical pantheon (comparing LFG to other topics)
- Historical Linguistics and LFG
Format of conference and starting time was agreed to be convenient for all. Proposal was made for the speakers to work towards a 40 min presentation to allow for more time for discussions and feedback.
The following have offered to present a talk in the next meeting:
- Andrew Spencer (on a topic relevant to periphrastic constructions)
- Nigel Vincent on a topic of his choice
- Bedour AlSharifi on Tough constructions in Arabic
- Louisa Sadler on a topic relevant to Nigel’s talk
- Kakia Chatsiou on Relative Clauses in Modern Greek
- A SOAS student on Resultatives