- Principle 1: Temperature and heat transfer
- Principle 2: Ideal gas law
- 9-12. 4.c. Students know how to apply the gas laws to relations between the pressure, tem perature, and volume of any amount of an ideal gas or any mixture of ideal gases.
- 9-12. 4. b. Students know the random motion of molecules explains the diffusion of gases.
- 9-12. 4.a. Students know the random motion of molecules and their collisions with a surfacecreate the observable pressure on that surface.
Prior knowledge & experience:
Gas molecules are in constant motion.When the kinetic energy increases the motion of the gas molecules increases. When the kinetic energy increases the motion of the gas molecules increases.
we are focusing on temperature and heat
Why did the balloon went inside the bottle?
transfer. When the flask is cooling off, the air
inside the flask is cooled. This causes the air
molecules to move slower and closer
The air molecules contracts and causes the
outside air to rush in. This pulls the balloon
inside the bottle and inflates it.
The gas molecules are gonna fill up the balloon.
Photographs and Movies
You tube demonstration:
Reference 2 (National Weather Service Forecast Office)