7th Grade Health/Life science
53 min period
Objectives: Students will be able to
1. take own pulse and blood pressure
2. Identify healthy ranges for pulse and blood pressure
3. explain what changes heart rate and blood pressure
4. analyze a table of data
Standard 7: Practicing Health-Enhancing Behaviors
7.3.N Assess personal physical activity levels.
7.4.N Examine ways to be physically active throughout a lifetime.
7. Scientific progress is made by asking meaningful questions and conducting careful
investigations. As a basis for understanding this concept and addressing the content
in the other three strands, students should develop their own questions and perform
investigations. Students will:
d. Construct scale models, maps, and appropriately labeled diagrams to communi
cate scientific knowledge (e.g., motion of Earth’s plates and cell structure).
e. Communicate the steps and results from an investigation in written reports and
1. Have students take out a piece of paper and make a table for their data
2. instruct all students to find their pulse, help students with trouble
3. have students take pulses at appointed times
4. after recording the data all students get a laptop
5. students fill out the google form https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGprRHhHMDZEWjRFdHNZcTl4QXhJTnc6MA
6. Students put laptops away and get analysis work sheet
7. students answer questions as we go through the results together.
1. laptop cart
2. data worksheet
3. analysis worksheet
1. Students understand the way the heart works
2. students understand what is being measured by blood pressure and pulse.
Photos: Coming soon