1) ONLINE SURVEYS
SED 555S candidates must complete the following three (3) online surveys at the website addresses provided:
2) PACT DEMOGRAPHIC SURVEY
SED 555S candidates completing the PACT Teaching Event must also complete a demographic survey, so that PACT can collect data on those completing the Teaching Event. We do not receive individual results.
3) SEMINAR AND UNIVERSITY SUPERVISOR EVALUATIONS
SED 555S candidates complete two (2) evaluation forms in hard copy:
4) INDIVIDUAL INDUCTION PLAN
All SED 555S candidates must complete an Individual Induction Plan form in consultation with their university supervisor and/or seminar instructor.
5) COLLECTION OF FORMS
PLEASE COLLECT the CSU Exit Survey Verification Form and the IIP.
6) FINAL GRADES
An email from Julie Gainsburg contains the dates and procedures for final grades, including the PACT/PTE Incomplete policy.
554S: Supervised Practicum and Seminar
1) ONLINE SURVEY
2) SEMINAR AND UNIVERSITY SUPERVISOR EVALUATIONS
Memo to Seminar Instructors Regarding New PACT/PTE Incomplete Policy
1) Candidates who do not expect to submit a TE or PTE before the end of the CSUN semester must initiate the Incomplete process (consistent with the policy for other CSUN classes). They do so by downloading TWO “Request for Grade of Incomplete” forms at:
ONE FOR SEMINAR (SED 554S/594S/555S) and ONE FOR STUDENT TEACHING (SED 554/594/555, 555BL, 555I, or 555IB), and completing the student section. They then give these forms to you to complete and sign. These forms should be submitted to you by your last seminar meeting. (A candidate who fails to do so and later needs to request an Incomplete is responsible for arranging to meet the seminar instructor to complete the forms and for submitting these forms to the SED Office.)
2) For simplicity, you will be notified each semester of a default due date for the Incomplete, set roughly two months after the later placement schools’ semesters end. This fall, that date is February 15, 2013. However, the due date is up to your discretion, and if a candidate makes a convincing case for a later due date, you may give it.
3) When entering your seminar grades into the FileMakerPro Fall 2012 database, using the “Notes on this placement” field, enter a grade of Incomplete for any candidates who have submitted the Request for Incomplete form on time. In the same field, also enter the explanation for the Incomplete (e.g., “Missing TE”) and the due date that you have assigned (e.g., “February 15, 2013”). Bring the completed Incomplete Request forms to the SED Office and keep a copy for yourself.
4) If a candidate submits the TE or PTE before final-exam week but too late to score for an on-time grade, we will not require him/her to fill out the Request for Incomplete form. For candidates in this situation, you should simply enter into FileMakerPro: “Incomplete—TE [or PTE] submitted but not scored.”
5) The Student Teaching Coordinator, David Moguel, will make the necessary changes to the candidate’s grades and forms when the TE or PTE has been submitted and passed. You will create and send the TE Score Report Letter for your late-submitting 555 candidates, as always, but you need take no other action to reverse the Incomplete grade.
It is critical that you make this policy known to candidates early in the semester and remind them of it later. As the semester draws to a close, please personally remind any late submitters that they must request the Incomplete via the form; the Incomplete will not automatically be granted. If candidates do not submit the Request for the Incomplete before final-exam week and do not submit a TE/PTE before grades are due, they will be given a grade of No Credit for the seminar and will need to repeat the course.