- Google Earth - Teaching earth and environmental sciencese
- Review Scientific Catalogs - DropBox (555S14)
- Upload a photo the computer and post your photo to this album. Label the photograph with your name in the captions (not comments) section.
- A few of you have not set up a TaskStream account and signed into the appropriate class. Please do so by Thursday.
- Teaching Event Presentation in Seminar
- PACT Advice
- Progress report
- Put a "1" if the item is completely done
- Put a decimal to represent the portion that you have completed. for example, put 0.5 for 50%
- Review Scientific Catalogs -
- You should have received your catalog by now. Review the catalog and take scans/photos of three interesting items and upload files to DropBox (555S14)
- Be prepared to discuss the catalogs and the items you selected during next session
555 - Homework for this week
January 23 - February 6
Our son, John, is a graduate student and collegiate cyclist at UC Berkeley. He was hit by a van in an hit-and-run accident in Big Sur while riding from Berkeley to UCSB. I will not be in class this week as I am with him in the critical care unit in a hospital in San Luis Obispo. He sustained numerous serious injuries to his brain, skull, clavicle, ear, etc. Please read all of the information below. I hope to be back in class next week and will communicate if there. Norm Herr
Please complete all these activities before class on 1/30.
- Read and review all PACT requirements & questions posted in your Taskstream account
- Note: All 555 students will submit their PACT by March 24
- Note: All 554 students will submit their PACT by April 14
- Read all of the linked material on parts 1&2 of the PACT tips.
- Complete Context (Task 1) and submit in your Taskstream account
- Select a tentative topic for your PACT Teaching Event in the Quickwrite.
- Your PACT teaching event (TE) should be a 3-day lesson for 554, and a 5-day lesson for 555.
- Read Sourcebook 25.1 (see below) and enter two sample learning objective for this topic
- Call the representative of the publisher of your text and request a complementary “desk copy” of the teacher’s edition of the text your school has adopted. Most publishers will provide free “desk copies” of the teachers’ edition if your school has adopted the text. Be sure to ask for all ancillary materials (tests, lab books, etc.)
- Order a free scientific catalog. You can have it delivered to your school. Browse the catalog to become familiar with the teaching resources. The catalogs generally provide significant information about each resource that they cell
Resources to acquire this week
- Get a Google (gmail) account if you do not already have one. A CSUN email will not suffice.
- Create a Dropbox account - Use this link and get an additional 500MB free. Read the tutorials and practice with the resource on your home computer.
- Open a Box account - CSUN Box Account (5GB free from CSUN). Read the tutorials and practice with the resource on your home computer.
- Ask for permission to take a photo of your master teacher (cooperating teacher) using a mobile device.
- Email the photo to : firstname.lastname@example.org. (secret word: normherr)
- The subject line should be the name of the master teacher