- AmeriCorps Member (Sept. 2006-Present)
- U.S. Federal Gov't (Sept. 2004-Aug. 2006)
- Chatham College, MFA candidate (Aug. 2006-Present)
- Mercyhurst College, M.S. candidate (Aug. 2003-May 2004)
- Mount Union College, B.A. Writing, Magna cum laude (May 2003)
- The Pittsburgh Quarterly Online: "Pixburg"
- Istanbul Literature Review: "Montelbaans Tower, Amsteram"
"Afghan Girl, 1985"
- ASLE- Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment
- Fourth River literary magazine staff member
- Sigma Tau Delta, English honorary fraternity