Welcome to Dr. Heuston's home page. This page will be under construction for quite some time. Eventually it will feature lots of useful information and links:
- Citadel Summer in London Program (photos, links, dates, and details)
- Dr. Heuston's c.v. and links to his scholarly work:
- Syllabi (links to separate pages/ Word files)
- Writing handouts (including the Burrito-Shaped Earth thesis statement handout, the S-E-E Method handout, and the grading criteria)
- web links (including the OED: http://dictionary.oed.com/entrance.dtl and the MW online dictionary: http://www.m-w.com/ (which lets you listen to words so you can be sure how to pronounce them)---SEE ALSO http://faculty.citadel.edu/rogers/
- Irish literature and culture links: Irish literature, history, news, and more.
- Film links: http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/filmstudies/reviewslist.html , http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/filmstudies/index.html , http://www.americanpopularculture.com/home.htm , http://www.dvdweb.co.uk/information/anamorphic.htm , http://gregl.net/videophile/anamorphic.htm
- Southern literature and culture links: http://www.southernlitreview.com/ourlinks.htm , http://www.charleston.net/stories/?newsID=14391§ion=localnews (the wonders of South Carolina) , http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/aaohtml/exhibit/aointro.html , http://www.usm.edu/crdp/html/cd/timeline.htm, http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050612/NEWS010702/50610009/1240 ,
http://www.sclos.org/ (Note: This is an extremist Southern website. I do not endorse the views of this website; I present it as an example of the lunatic fringe)
- Modern poetry links: http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/users/m/morillo/public/prosody1.htm (prosody guide), http://www.cnr.edu/home/bmcmanus/meter.html (meter and scansion), http://www.theatlantic.com/index/fiction (The Atlantic online: poetry and fiction, including
- The Citadel's London Summer Program (Look at Y.I.S.S. website and think about how to promote the LSP online; put testimonials from LSP alums online); include link to FIE website: http://www.fie.org.uk
- Cadet driving safety (include links to pages about drowsy driving and/or drunk driving, links to pages about traffic safety in general, and perhaps a description of the driving safety video project along with an invitation to contact me if you have any suggestions about how to help cadets drive safety. Maybe include links to SC State Troopers page [if one exists] and MADD page.
- useful links: http://vos.ucsb.edu/ , http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/lists.html (a search engine that finds online texts) , http://www.bartleby.com/ , http://www.gutenberg.org/ , add link to Google Scholar, add link to Amazon and include a page that explains how to use Amazon's "Search Inside" function. Also look for hypertext editions of favorite writers' works and include links to good web pages on favorite writers (incl. filmmakers), http://aldaily.com/ , Critical thinking links at Voice of the Shuttle: http://vos.ucsb.edu/browse.asp?id=1266 , writing handouts from UNC Chapel Hill's writing center: http://www.unc.edu/depts/wcweb/handouts/index.html , logical fallacies: http://www.fallacyfiles.org/taxonomy.html , http://www.isbn.nu/ (search for books and compare prices), http://tech.nytimes.com/top/news/technology/cybertimesnavigator/index.html and http://www.libraryspot.com/ (LOTS of great reference resources)