SEA was established to promote environmental awareness at the medical campus, be the voice of students for environmental concerns, and encourage everyone to engage in sustainable practices. SEA’s events and activities will promote its mission via the following objectives:
- Advocate for concerns regarding campus sustainability, such as with reforming
inadequate recycling policies, devising strategies to decrease waste and energy
consumption, or improving energy efficiency.
- Collaborate with other student groups at CUMC, at Columbia University, as well as
with organizations within New York City.
- Promote activities that educate about environmental issues.
- Connect students with environmental-related events in the greater New York City
- Host regular meetings and events in accordance with the overall mission.
Questions, comments, or want to get more involved?
Come to our events or e-mail us at
TOUR THE HIGHLINE!!
Saturday, October 6th
PLUS, FREE Artichoke Pizza!!
Other Events and Useful Websites:
Columbia Morningside's Clean and Go Green Recycling Drive
Columbia University Facilities has partnered with Undergraduate Housing, Environmental Health & Safety, Environmental Stewardship, and Eco-Reps to help you. Twice a year, as part of our "Clean + Go Green" program, we will make dumpsters available across campus, at no cost to you, for the disposal of large unwanted items. You can also shred paper as well. Best of all, Facilities will properly separate your items for donation and recycle them. That way, when you clean, you "go green!"
NYC Stuff Exchange
This website offers a quick and simple way for NYC residents to search for places in their neighborhood and throughout the city where they can donate, sell, buy, rent, or repair different types of gently used goods.
Students for Environmental Action at Columbia University's Medical Campus