Sustainable Sea Cliff Cooperative is joining forces with WHOLESHARE for a whole new way of ordering! You can SHOP ONLINE and pay with a credit card, and you will still have access to the same great products from the same great producers we have been ordering from all along! You will have access to nearly the entire Regional Access Catalog, as well new products from Tierra Farm and Four Seasons.
Currently, this group is only open to members of the Sustainable Sea Cliff Cooperative. We will be inviting new members soon!
For more information on how ordering on the WHOLESHARE platform works, please click HERE.
Please take a listen to Wookiefoot's new song
Sustainable Sea Cliff Cooperative's
POTLUCK ACROSS NY 2012
was a smashing success!
News article on the SSCC Community Garden
Click here to become a member!
Please view the tabs at the left to see all that the
Sustainable Sea Cliff Cooperative has to offer.
The Sustainable Sea Cliff Cooperative is a member-owned and operated food entity-- an alternative to commercial profit-oriented businesses. As members we contribute our labor. Working together builds trust through cooperation and teamwork and enables us to keep prices as low as possible within the context of our values and principles. Only members may shop/order, and we share responsibilities and benefits equally.
- We are a responsible and ethical employer and neighbor.
- We are a buying agent for our members and not a selling agent for any industry.
- We are a part of and support the cooperative movement.
- We offer a diversity of products with an emphasis on organic, minimally processed, real foods.
- We seek to avoid products that depend on the exploitation of others, but rather place high priority on fair trade.
- We support non-toxic, sustainable agriculture.
- We source and grow food and agricultural produce based on ethical and sustainable systems.
- We respect the environment.
- We strive to reduce the impact of our lifestyles on the world we share with other species and future generations.
- We prefer to buy from local and regional earth-friendly producers.
- We re-use and recycle.
- We lead by example, educating ourselves and others about health and nutrition, cooperation and the environment.
- We seek to maximize participation at every level, from policy making to operational management at the co-op.
- We welcome all who respect these values.