IMPORTANT: OUR APRIL MEETING DATE HAS CHANGED TO APRIL 13th.MEETING TIMES
Society meetings begin at 1:30 PM on the first Sunday of each month (unless otherwise indicated). Visitors are welcome.
In August, there is no meeting. Meetings will take place on the second Sundays of January and February, 2014.
Parking is behind the museum. Use the rear entrance, and meet in Classroom 4.
JANUARY 12, 2014:
- Keith Krzyweic: "Fossil Fish of the Puente Formation, West Covina"
FEBRUARY 9, 2014:
MARCH 2, 2014:
- Stephen Mulqueen: "Petroleum Seeps"
NOTE NEW DATE
APRIL 13, 2014:
- Erika Canola, LA County Museum Fossil Preparator and Anthropologist:
"Digging for Dinosaurs in Utah"
MAY 4, 2014:
- Shep Koss, Lapidary: "Cutting and Polishing Rocks and Fossils"
JUNE 1, 2014:
- Karol McQueary: "Evolution of Whales"
JULY 6, 2014:
- SCPS Awards for Academic Excellence
- Page Museum Staff: Page Museum Behind the Scenes
SEPTEMBER 7, 2014:
- Mike Baskerville, Lead Archaeologist at China Lake Naval Base:
"Late Archaic Trade in the China Lake Basin"
OCTOBER 5, 2014:
- Wayne Bonner: "50 Years of Fossil Digs with SCPS"
NOVEMBER 2, 2014:
- Maureen Walsh—paleontologist, preparator,
head of vertebrate collections at Los Angeles County Natural History Museum:
"Preparing Birds from China"
- Officer Elections
DECEMBER 7, 2014:
SCPS Holiday Celebration
- Pot Luck Holiday Treats
- Silent Auction
- Bring mystery fossils to identify—and favorite fossils to share.
- Optional Gift Exchange
Schedule is current as of March 3, 2014, and is subject to change without notice.
Click the following links to view: