- The applicant must be enrolled at Schoolcraft College during Fall and/or Winter Semester of the current academic year.
- The applicant must attend AT LEAST one Pageturners book discussion during Fall and/or Winter Semester-of the current academic year.
- The applicant must submit a creative essay or an artwork inspired by a Pageturners book.
- The applicant is allowed to submit one entry and in one category only.
- The applicant must complete and submit an application by March 27, 2017.
- The applicant must select one Pageturners book and respond to it creatively in writing or in artwork.
- All writing and artwork must be original and pertain to the selected Pageturners book. The student’s signature on the application form is an acknowledgment of the originality of the work.
- The student’s name should appear on the back side (not front) of the artwork along with the phone number. Please do not write on the front of the artwork.
- The winners will have their writing and artwork featured on the Pageturners website.
- The writing entry should be a creative essay of approximately 2000 words or less. The book review or summary will not be considered as valid entries.
- The artwork entry should be one of the following: drawing, painting, sculpture, collage, wood cuts, or diorama. The video art, film, jewelry, and photography will not be considered as valid entries. Entries must not be framed, under glass, or have a protective covering that is attached to the art.
NOTE: Pageturners reserves the right not to award a prize if no submitted work achieves the contest standards.
All entrants will be notified of the contest results by April 3, 2017.
Pageturners book club is supported by a grant from the Schoolcraft College Foundation.