Troop 54 is chartered by the Carthage Knights of Columbus, Council 291.
What are Chartered Organizations??
- Civic, faith-based, and educational organizations operate Scouting units to deliver the programs to their youth members, as well as the community at large.
- Over 100,000 Scouting units are owned and operated by chartered organizations. Of these:
- 69.4 percent of all units are chartered to faith-based organizations
- 22.7 percent of all units are chartered to civic organizations
- 7.9 percent of all units are chartered to educational organizations
- Responsibilities of chartered organizations include:
- Providing adequate meeting facilities.
- Providing quality leadership for the Scouting unit.
- Appointing a chartered organization representative to coordinate all Scouting unit operations within the organization.
Our Chartered Organization,
Knights of Columbus 291-