A Place For Local Scouting Information.
This is an un-official page created as a gathering place for information for scout leaders from Suffolk County Long Island. The idea is for this to be a storage house of information for new and experienced leaders.
Currently Most of this information is for Cub Scout leaders but some information will be useful to all levels of scouting.
Program Updates 2014 and Beyond
Official Documents Available On Line
Information for all leaders
- Guide to Safe Scouting on-line and in PDF format- What you can and can not do ! A Must Have for all Leaders.
- Guide To advancement webpage , 2013 Advancement Guide PDF More important for boy scout leaders but some Cub scout related information as well.
- Guide to Awards and Insignia
- Scout Source "ScoutSource has been created to support the many volunteers who are so integral to the Scouting program. Within this section, you will find a one-stop shop for all of the resources available to assist you in your Scouting efforts.."
- Cyber Chip Just like whittling chip and toting chip this is a set of requirements for computer uses. There are different requirements for all boys from 1st to 12th grade.
Uniforms / Insignia Guides
Cub Scout Guides
- Cub Scout Leaders Handbook PDF This Leader Book is designed to help you make the most of your time as a Scouting volunteer. Whether you are a den leader, a Cubmaster, a committee member, or you take on some other leadership role, you’ll ?nd the resources here to make your Cub Scouting experience the best it can be.
- Cub Scout Leader -How to book PDFThe classic guide to doing everything. From the Table of Contents - Accentuate the Positive, Crafts, Games, Outdoors, Razzle Dazzle, Special Pack Activities, Cub Scouts With Special Needs and Resources. Very large PDF 288 pages.
- Cub casts - BSA’s ScoutCast is the collection site for all video and audio podcasts. Browse through the directories and sign up for your favorites as an RSS feed.
- Delivery System Cub Scout Manual - "This syllabus is designed for leaders who do not have the adult assistance to break a pack up into dens for each rank. Although there are not requirements for each rank every week, the program is set up so that the Bobcat, Tiger, Wolf, Bear, and Webelos badges can be earned over a 36-week period for boys in coinciding grade/age levels. (In Spanish)
- Cub Scout Academics and Sports Progarm from national, the book can be downloaded here, Cub Scout Sports and Academic guide worksheets here
- Webelos Leader Guide A must have for Webelos Leaders.
- Another Library of the above guides but with PDF's broken up into several files.
- Annual Planning guide resources from the BSA
- Newsletter , poster and Calendar templates from the BSA
Webelos - Scout Transition
Den/Pack Meeting Planning and Ceremonies
Cub Scout Handbooks (pre 2015)
Boy Scout resources
Other Informative Web sites
- US Scouting Service Project (MacScouter) Just about everything you can thing of, activities, jokes, skits Advancement work sheets etc...
- Baloo's Bugle A monthly newsletter targeted to the specific theme of the month. It contains information for all levels including, Round tables,Pack meetings, and den meeting. Ceremonies, jokes, skits, games , and more.
- Boy Scout Trail Another good clearing house site for activities, games, projects , skits, recipes etc.
- Cub Scouting Ideas Ideas for all positions from den leader on up.
- ScoutmasterCG A great resource for Scoutmasters, with lots of info-graphics.
- ScoutHelps Contains links to den and pack planning resources , some nice PDF's for tracking advancements and awards. Copies of the round table hand outs are available as well.
- Insane scouter Good resource site with a lot of different stuff,
- Merritbadge.org Another kitchen sink type site that covers all levels of scouting,
- PodCasts from ptcmedia.net. Several scouting relates podcasts with discussion forums, also available on iTunes. Kind of fun to listen to especialy if you have a long commute.
- Scout Dump A place for really old Scouting books and guide. Dating back to the beginnings of scouting.
- Scouter Mom A good resource for all levels of scouting.
|Hiking Long Island: A Comprehensive Guide to Parks and Trails
By Lee McAllister
Published by the New York-New Jersey trail Conference. @ Amazon
|Best Easy Day Hikes Long Island
A Falcon Guide
Published by The Globe Pequot Press @ Amazon
|Superior Campfires by Thomas Mercaldo
A complete guide to successful campfires, including skits, cheers, introductions, riddles, and Scouting legends.
|Stories for Around the Campfire by Ray Harriot @Amazon
More Stories for Around the Campfire @Amazon
Campfire Publishing Company
Some good shorter ones which I think are better for the cubs scouts but the longer ones might be good for older boys
Non-Specific Scouting Sites
Disclaimer !This page is not affiliated with any official scouting organization , neither the Boys Scouts of America or the Suffolk County Council. All opinions are those of the maintainers of the site. We will try to maintain the most up to date and accurate information as possible but no guarantees can be made. For information about particular rules and regulations for the BSA or Suffolk Count Council please see their official sites. Some sites referenced may be of a commercial nature, we are in no way affiliated with these sights.
This website is independently operated and is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author alone and in no way represent the views of the Boy Scouts of America. BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA®, the BSA Universal Emblem, the Venturing diamond logo, and all other related marks are trademarks owned exclusively by the Boy Scouts of America.
*No animals were harmed in the making of this site.
*Made with 100% recycled electrons.