Presented by Artistic New Directions
Improvisation News Conservatory
Part of the IN Mixer!
Saturdays 3:30pm until 4:15pm
Make sketch good theatre!
Sundays 1:30pm – 3:15pm
No pencils, no pens, no paper. Just you!
Sundays 3:30pm until 4:30pm
THE place to go when your sketch needs first aid!
Sundays 4:30pm until 5:30pm
Taught the principles of theatre and improvisation, specialized in using improvisation to develop new written works. Created and developed courses and lesson plans. Lead group activities. Delivered pre-existing curriculums. Provided feedback and coaching. Coordinated showcases and performances for students.
Specifics include: Listening skills, establishing location, accepting offers and justification, returning positive active offers, supporting the physical and verbal reality of a scene, spontaneity, physicality, breathing & voice.
EDUCATION and PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
· BFA Theatre - York University
· The Second City Toronto – Conservatory & National Touring Company
· Master Classes in Improvisation - Alan Arkin, Ed Asner & Keith Johnstone
· Teacher Training - Michael Gellman, Gary Austin, & David Razowsky
· Grant Writing - The Foundation Center NYC
· Writing for TV - University of Toronto
25 years of experience.
Challenges creative artists to achieve their potential.
Motivator, problem solver, great sense of humor!
Used Improvisation to develop new work and directed that work to finished product in professional public show, often acting as Production Designer, (including sound, lighting, costume and prop design).
PERFORMING (resume available upon request)
· A semi-regular on The Late Show with David Letterman
· Alumnus of The Second City National Touring Company
· Performed Off-Broadway and in Feature Films
· Professional actor & comedian in hundreds of professional productions
· Appeared in over 25 TV commercials
· Produced Musical Comedy CD & a series of comedy shorts for CBC Radio
MEMBERSHIPS and AFFILIATIONS
· President, Board of Directors. Artistic New Directions, 2007 - 2011
· Member in good standing: AEA, CAEA, ACTRA, Variety Club, The New Jersey Theatre Alliance
References Available Upon Request