to slow down
the slide show!
Improv Comedy vs Improvisational Theatre. (Both are terrific)
Where Improv Comedy is writing on your feet...
Improvisational theatre is simply acting without a script.
Where Improv Comedy is the quick wit of a comedian...
Improvisational Theatre is an actors quick access to the emotion of the scene.
Where Improv Comedy is forwarding a narrative or idea...
Improvisational Theatre is entering with an open mind and an open heart.
Presented by Artistic New Directions
Learn & apply 3 Simple principles of Improvisational Acting
in a safe & supportive environment
EDUCATION and PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
· BFA Theatre - York University
· The Second City Toronto – Conservatory & National Touring Company
· Master Classes in Improvisation - Alan Arkin, Ed Asner & Keith Johnstone
· Teacher Training - Michael Gellman, Gary Austin, & David Razowsky
· Grant Writing - The Foundation Center NYC
· Writing for TV - University of Toronto
25 years of experience.
Challenges creative artists to achieve their potential.
Motivator, problem solver, great sense of humor!
Used Improvisation to develop new work and directed that work to finished product in professional public show, often acting as Production Designer, (including sound, lighting, costume and prop design).
PERFORMING (resume available upon request)
· A semi-regular on The Late Show with David Letterman
· Alumnus of The Second City National Touring Company
· Performed Off-Broadway and in Feature Films
· Professional actor & comedian in hundreds of professional productions
· Appeared in over 25 TV commercials
· Produced Musical Comedy CD & a series of comedy shorts for CBC Radio
MEMBERSHIPS and AFFILIATIONS
· President, Board of Directors. Artistic New Directions, 2007 - 2011
· Member in good standing: AEA, CAEA, ACTRA, Variety Club, The New Jersey Theatre Alliance
References Available Upon Request