International Economics (Firm Heterogeneity in Open Economies, Trade and Foreign Direct Investment, Empirical Studies of Capital Flows)
(1) International Trade, Female Labor, and Female Entrepreneurship in MENA countries, 2014 (refereed) in "Middle East and African Countries: Economic and Political Perspectives in the Aftermath of the Arab Spring," edited by C. Altomonte and M. Ferrara (2014), Edward Elgar Publising, with Francesca De Nicola and Li Li. pdf
(3) (Non-) Resiliency of FDI in the United States during the 2007-09 Financial Crisis, Pacific Economic Review, 2012, Vol. 17, Issue 3, pp. 368-390 with Pierangelo De Pace.
(4) Changes in the second-moment properties of disaggregated capital flows, Economics Letters, 2012, 115, 122-127, with Pierangelo De Pace and Johanna Francis.
- * Multinational Firms' Entry, Productivity and Inefficiency, previously circulated as "What Happens when WalMart comes to your Country? Multinational Firms' Entry, Productivity, and Inefficiency."
- How Does Multinational Production Change International Comovement? (previously circulated as International Macroeconomic Dynamics, Endogenous Tradedness and FDI with Heterogeneous Firms).
- * What do we Know about the Relationship between Access to Finance and International Trade, with Francesca De Nicola. Revised
- FDI in the Telecommunication Sectors of Transition and Emerging Countries.
- Does Trade Empower Female Entrepreneurs? (with Francesca De Nicola and Li Li)
- Access to Finance, Demand Shocks and Trade Adjustment (with Francesca De Nicola)
(8) How did the Financial Crisis Alter the Correlations of U.S. Yield Spreads? forthcoming in Journal of Empirical Finance, with Massimo Guidolin and Pierangelo De Pace.
(9) Understanding the Accumulation of Bank and Thrift Reserves during the U.S. Financial Crisis, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, June 2014, with Su-Hsin Chang and Johanna Francis.
- Aggregate Shocks and the Two Sides of Credit Reallocation, with Riccardo Di Cecio and Johanna Francis, March 2014 draft available, please email if interested
- An International Perspective on the Recent Behavior or Inflation, with Li Li and Pierangelo De Pace, March 2014 draft available, please email if interested
- De Pace (2008)
- Crowley (2008)
- Ghironi and Stebunovs (2008)
- Carlson et al. (2011)
- Stebunovs and Lee (2011)
- Geographical Patterns in the Location of FDI: Evidence from Central European Regions, ISLA-Bocconi Working Paper 3-2001.