Reading Group in Banking/Financial Intermediation
I founded and currently run a reading group on the topic is banking/financial intermediation, loosely defined.
We meet about 5 times a year, typically off teaching weeks, in the Dept. of Banking and Finance, Building H, Room 3.92 @ Caulfield Campus at noon.
We can arrange video-conference attendance using Zoom. Please email me if interested.
| Day|| Date||Discussion Leader|| Paper|
| Wednesday|| 12 April 2017|| Raoul Minetti || Minetti and Bention (WP 2016)|
| Wednesday|| 18 February 2017 || Van Vu|| Becker and Ivashina (WP 2016)|
| Wednesday || 23 November 2016|| Kym Brown|| Philippon (AER 2012) and/or Philippon and Resheff (QJE 2015)|
| Tuesday|| 25 October 2016 || Minh (Viet) Do|| Berger and Bouwman (RFS, 2009). Bank Liquidity Creation.|
| Monday|| 25 July 2016 || Silvio Contessi || Bruno and Shin (REStud, 2015), Global Liquidity.|
| Monday|| 7 June 2016 || Jean Pierre Fenech|| Adrian and Brunnermeier (AER 2016), CoVar|
- TBA - My Nguyen - Bushman, Hendricks, and Williams (JAR 2016)
- TBA - Daniel Melser - Campbell and Cocco (JF 2015)
- TBA - Pedro Gomis Porqueira - Diamond and Dybvig (JPE 1983) and Diamond and Rajan (2005)
- TBA - Hannah Nguyen - Brownlees and Engle - SRISK
- TBA - Tram Vu - Cornett, McNutt, Straham, Tehranian (JFE 2012)
- TBA - Justin Nguyen - Berg and Gider (JFQA 2015)
- TBA - Giang Nguyen - Brunnermeier, Dong, and Palia (WP 2015)