GBEB: STAFF CONDUCT
All staff members have a responsibility to familiarize themselves with and abide by the laws of the State as these affect their work, the policies of the School Committee, and the regulations designed to implement them.
In the area of personal conduct, the Committee expects that teachers and others will conduct themselves in a manner that not only reflects the values of the school system but also sets forth a model worthy of emulation by students.
All staff members will be expected to carry out their assigned responsibilities with dignity, commitment, and maximum effort.
Essential to the success of ongoing school operations and the instructional program are the following specific responsibilities, which will be required of all personnel:
1. Faithful and prompt attendance at work.
2. Support and enforcement of policies of the Committee and their implementation according to school district procedures and regulations.
3. Diligence in submitting required reports promptly at the specified times.
4. Care and protection of school property.
5. Concern for and attention to their own and the school system's legal responsibility for the safety and welfare of students, including the need to ensure that students are under supervision at all times.
6. Strict maintenance of confidentiality and adherence to the district confidentiality agreement.
LEGAL REFS.: M.G.L. 71:37H; 264:11; 264:14
Adopted On: January 10, 2008
Revised On: November 15, 2012