The Arctic Ice cap has shown dramatic decline over the past decade.
Since there is quite a bit of data out there, I decided to try my hand
at a statistical analysis that could project future ice extents based on
- Sources of data: sites that provide useful Arctic data.
This page also has data I have compiled in spreadsheet from that people can use.
- Correlations of [Extent & Area each month of the year] vs [data from the previous 24 months]
Here you will find numerous graphs of R (the correlation coefficient) as a function of time, which helps spot data that is strongly correlated with extent and area.
- Techniques for calculating future ice extent.
- Predictions. Calculations of future ice extent.
- Updates for about my recent sea ice work. Partly for my own records; partly for others to see what I have been doing. (Feel free to add comments).
Data that I have explored includes monthly data for:
Further details on the data
can be found on its specific page.