Office Contact Information:
Department of Economics
PO Box 90153
5000 LE Tilburg
phone: +31 13 466 4033
e-mail: f.schuett (at) uvt (dot) nl
Applied microeconomic theory, industrial organization, political economy, behavioral economics, experimental economics
- Net neutrality and inflation of traffic (with Martin Peitz), International Journal of Industrial Organization (2016), Vol. 46, pp. 16-62. working paper version
- Media competition and electoral politics (with Amedeo Piolatto), Journal of Public Economics (2015), Vol. 130, pp. 80-93. working paper version [A previous version of this paper was circulated under the title "Ethical voters and the demand for political news"]
- Transparency in markets for experience goods: experimental evidence (with Bastian Henze and Jasper Sluijs), Economic Inquiry (2015), Vol. 53(1), pp. 640-659. working paper version
- Certification and minimum quality standards when some consumers are uninformed (with Benno Buehler), European Economic Review (2014), Vol. 70, pp. 493-511. working paper version
- Inventors and impostors: an analysis of patent examination with self-selection of firms into R&D, Journal of Industrial Economics (2013), Symposium on "Patents, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation," Vol. 61(3), pp. 660-699. working paper version
- Patent Quality and Incentives at the Patent Office, RAND Journal of Economics (2013), Vol. 44(2), pp. 313-336. Working paper versions: 2012, 2011. Econtrack (Tilburg University PR, EN/NL)
- Field-of-Use Restrictions in Licensing Agreements, International Journal of Industrial Organization (2012), Vol. 30(5), pp. 403-416. working paper version
- Music Piracy: A Case of "The Rich Get Richer and the Poor Get Poorer" (with Amedeo Piolatto), Information Economics and Policy (2012), Vol. 24(1), pp. 30-39. working paper version Econtrack (Tilburg University PR, EN/NL) Media coverage (NL)
- Hindsight-Biased Evaluation of Political Decision Makers (with Alexander K. Wagner), Journal of Public Economics (2011), Vol. 95(11-12), pp. 1621-1634. working paper version
- Transparency Regulation in Broadband Markets: Lessons from Experimental Research (with Bastian Henze and Jasper Sluijs), Telecommunications Policy (2011), Vol. 35(7), pp. 592-602.
- Network Neutrality: A Survey of the Economic Literature, Review of Network Economics (2010), Vol. 9(2), Article 1.
- Screening for Patent Quality: Examination, Fees, and the Courts (with Mark Schankerman). CEPR Discussion Paper no. 11688.
- Repeated interaction in standard setting (with Pierre Larouche)
- The control and selection of politicians under biased inference (with Jean-Robert Tyran and Alexander K. Wagner)
- Lessons from the French advertising ban on prime-time public TV (with Lapo Filistrucchi, Luigi Luini, and Andrea Mangani)
- Standard setting under asymmetric information (with Jan Boone and Emanuele Tarantino)
- Errors in Project Approval and Mandatory Review (with Delphine Prady)