UNIT ON KINDNESS
The following outline is a sample only, not a complete compilation of the unit.
A. Study of "The Fruit of the Spirit: Kindness" based
on Billy Graham's book Gifts, Fruits, and the
Fullness of the Holy Spirit.
1. Reading of excerpt
2. Discussion of selection
3. Questions for reinforcement
B. Study of the impact of one's words on others
1. Questions on the article "Is Your
Tongue Out of Control?"
2. CD - "Silver Boxes" by Florence
Littauer and the importance of our words
3. Silver boxes - special project on kindness
4. "Prescription Pad" - students' analysis
of scripture selections and the effect of
our words on others
C. Introduction of Psalms 23:1-3 and
1. Discussion of Psalms' selections
2. Questions related to Psalms'
3. Tests over scripture on Psalms 23:
D. Guideposts' story - "The View"
1. Questions over the selection
2. Application of story to kindness
E. Kindness vs. anti-Semitism of W.W.II
1. CD - Diet Eman and W.W.II and
her kindness toward the
2. Questions and discussion over CD
F. Study of "The Parable of the Lost
Sheep," "The Prodigal Son" and the
1. Background video over the
2. Questions on video
3. Group discussion over parables
4. Review questions
5. Quiz over the parables
G. Introduction of Psalms 23: 4-5
1. Discussion of Psalms 23: 4-5
2. Questions over Psalms 23: 4-5
3. In-depth study - life of a
4. Art project culminating
H. Reading of short story on kindness -
"The Yellow Umbrella"
1. Questions on story and acts of
2. Student chart, monitoring their
own acts of kindness and
I. CD - In Search of the Heroes -
Not: The Anne Frank Story"
1. DVd about about W.W.II
2. Acts of kindness in DVD
J. Focus on the Family's CD
"The Stephen Moren Story"
1. Questions over the CD
2. Analysis of true life story and
an act of kindness