Who is Eligible For a Card:
If you live or own property in Schenectady County, you are eligible for a free borrower's card, which may also be used at any public library in the Fulton, Hamilton, Montgomery, Saratoga, Schoharie, Warren and Washington counties (members of SALS/MVLS).
- Individuals 13 years and older must present a driver's license and proof of current address or another picture ID and proof of current address.
- Individuals 5-12 years old need their parent's or guardian's signature. If they don't have their own ID, a parent or guardian must present his/her ID.
Forms of ID & Current Address:
- NYS driver's license or permit
- Tax bill, utility bill, phone bill
- Picture ID (company, school, organization, etc.)
- Property deed
- Lease or rent agreement
- Report card
- Notarized affidavit
- Other official business documents
- Pay stub
- Passport or green card