Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes + 30 minutes to bring salmon to room temperature
- 2 lb wild salmon, with the skin on
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup shallots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the salmon from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking to
bring it to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 250° and place a
shallow pan of water on the bottom rack.
- Finely grate the zest of the lemon until you have 1 teaspoon.
Combine the lemon zest, shallots, dill, tarragon, and parsley in a small
bowl. Stir in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, on a baking sheet and season
generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Smear about 1/3
of the herb mixture on the fish and turn it over. Slather the skin side
of the fist with the remaining herb mixture and sprinkle with a little
more salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake about 25 minutes or
until the salmon separates into flakes. Remove from oven and serve