Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 1 lb tomatoes (I used several different types)
- 1/2 yellow onion
- Fresh herbs (I used thyme)
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Shredded cheese and Basil optional for topping
- Optional (but highly recommended): Grilled Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Slice tomatoes and onions into big chunks.
- Place onions, tomatoes (cut side up), and herbs on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Also place garlic in a little roasting dish or wrapped in tin foil on the baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes.
- Heat chicken broth and tomato paste in a medium sauce pot.
- Grab everything from the oven and toss it in the sauce pot.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer contents into a blender and give it a whirl.
- Put everything back into the pot and add heavy cream.
- Optional: Top with cheese and basil. Serve with an ooey gooey grilled cheese.