Makes: 4-6 servings Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes
- 4 potatoes, scrubbed and dice into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 leeks, cut lengthwise, separated, and chopped (use only the white and light green parts)
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 ounces pancetta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- Scrub potatoes and dice into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Clean leeks, cut lengthwise, and chop. Using only the white and light green parts.
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- In a large stockpot, cook pancetta until crispy. Remove to a paper towel and set aside.
- Melt butter and olive oil in the stockpot. Add leeks, onion, and garlic. Generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add a sprig or two of fresh rosemary and saute for 10 minutes or until soft.
- After 10 minutes, add 2 cups water and 2 cups chicken broth.
- Add potatoes and cover with a lid. Turn heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes place half of the soup into a blender and puree.
- Return puree to the stockpot, add pancetta and cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh sprigs of rosemary and/or a side of bread.