Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 2 hours in the freezer + 10 minutes preparation
Cook Time: None!
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 bananas (about 1 cup), chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups ripe mango (or other fruit), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- zest of 1 lime
- 2-3 tablespoons minced candied ginger, or more to taste
- edible flower to garnish (optional)
- Freeze fruit cubes on a sheet pan for several hours until they are solid. Remove from freezer and let stand about 5 minutes.
- Place the fruit in the bowl of a food processor with the orange and lime juice, the lime zest, and ginger. Puree until creamy.
ginger, as needed, to taste. Serve in chilled sorbet dishes, martini
glasses, or bowls. Garnish each serving with a flower or two.