About 3 dozen cookiesPrep Time:
5 minutesBake Time:
10 minutesTotal Time:
15 minutes (for the first batch!)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chunks (optional)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar for coating cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg. Set aside.
the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light
and smooth. Beat in the molasses, canola oil, and vanilla.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until smooth.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in white chocolate chunks (if using).
the dough into balls and roll in granulated sugar. Place on the lined
baking sheets about two inches apart and bake for 10 minutes. Remove
from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for five minutes.
Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.