Makes: 4 servings Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 shallot, diced
- 4 cups day old rice at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup oil over medium heat. Add garlic
and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp and brown. With
a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel and salt lightly.
- Reduce heat under skillet to medium-low and add 2 tablespoons oil as
well as the mushrooms and shallot. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring
occasionally, until tender. Season lightly with salt.
- Raise heat to medium and add rice. Cook, stirring well, until heated through. Season to taste with salt.
- In a nonstick skillet, fry eggs in remaining oil, sunny-side-up, until the white is set but the yolk is still nice and runny.
- Divide rice among four dishes, top each with an egg, and drizzle
with 1/2 teaspoon seasame oil and 1 teaspoon soy sauce. Sprinkle with
crispy garlic and ginger.