Makes: About 4 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dutch process cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons espresso granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 2 baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, espresso granules, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment, beat
granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter for several minutes until
light and fluffy. Combine the eggs and vanilla in a small bowl and add
to the butter/sugar mixture gradually. Scrape the sides of the bowl
with a rubber spatula. Slowly add the flour/cocoa mixture until just
combined. Make sure not to over mix.
- Remove bowl from the stand and stir in chocolate chips and cherries
using a wooden spoon. Using a tablespoon (or something equivalent) drop
the dough onto the baking sheets placing the cookies about 2 inches
apart. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, and allow to cool on a
- Grab a glass of milk and enjoy!