Makes: 6-8 servings Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15-18 minutes Total Time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 sheet puff pastry cut in 1/2
- 3 apples, cored and sliced very thinly
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- any kind of candy chips: cinnamon chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate whatever tickles your fancy
- jam or preserves for brushing
- vanilla ice cream for serving
- Core and cut apples into very thin slices.
- Put apples in a small bowl and squeeze the juice of half of 1 lemon into the bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and a pinch of salt to the bowl. Mix very well.
- Preheat the oven to 400° and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Pull puff pastry out of the freezer. Cut in half and place on the baking sheet.
- Line apples up on each puff pastry strip placing them as closely as possible. Drizzle with the extra "goop" at the bottom of the bowl.
- Sprinkle the tops with the chips of your choice.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes (or until the pastry is puffed up and golden brown) on the lowest rack so the chips don't burn.
- When it come out of the oven, brush with jam or preserves.
- Cut into slices.
- Serve warm with ice cream.