Makes: 1 deep dish pie or 24 mini pies Prep Time: 5 minutes Bake Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 25 minutes
for the whipped cream:
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips, melted until smooth
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 deep dish pie crust (or 4 premade pie crusts pressed into 24 muffin tins)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place brown sugar, melted chocolate chips, butter, vanilla, instant
coffee, evaporated milk, eggs, flour, and salt into a mixer. Mix until
smooth, and then pour into deep dish crust, or 24 muffin tins.
- Transfer to oven and immediately turn down the heat to 325°. Cook
mini pies for 20 minutes, or until center of each pie has set. Bake
deep dish pie for 45-50 minutes, or until set.
- While pies are baking, beat heavy whipping cream with mixer until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and beat until stiff.
- Remove pies from oven, let cool for 10 minutes, top with whipped cream and...