I am running the risk of being labeled an "armchair activist", but then the keyboard is much stronger than the gun. So, instead of sitting helplessly, watching politicians do whatever they please, I have decided to, at least, voice my opinion. Well, I don't have a thundering voice, but if more people join me we can surely get ourselves heard.
main objective of this site is to get several people involved. It would
be great if you could contribute an article here (you shall receive all
the credit for it). Major contributors can also have the password so
that they can get their articles on this site themselves. Just send an
email to the id given below.
Let's begin straightaway with the current burning topic -- the increase in quotas in higher education. The reservation policy contradicts the statement "All Indians are equal". The recently created forum Youth for Equality aims to restore a sense of equality once again.
Here are a few articles on this
topic (these are personal views of the author(s)).
- An open letter to the students on hunger strike
- A letter to Lara, followed by a letter to Cherry
- The ABC's of quotas: A quick tour of the need of the hour, the government's policies (actually, shortcuts) and some plausible solutions.
- Sanjeev has several arguments against reservations
- Some insightful cartoons: Those pictures are indeed worth thousands of words.
Do send in your valuable comments, suggestions and articles to:email@example.com