Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Ropar
DST-INSPIRE Faculty Fellow
Dr. Satyam Agarwal received his Ph.D in electrical engineering from IIT Delhi. Previously, he completed his B.Tech. in electronics and communication from Thapar University, India, in 2010, and the M.Tech. degree in electrical engineering from IIT Kanpur in 2012. He worked for as system software engineer at ST-Ericsson Bangalore from Jul. - Dec. 2012. Before joining IIT Guwahati as Assistant professor in June 2017, he worked as postdoctoral researcher in the department of telecommunications at Politecnico di Torino under the mentorship of Prof. Carla Chiasserini. His research interests include link and cross layer protocol design and performance studies in wireless networks.
- Ph.D. IIT Delhi (2013-2016)
- M.Tech IIT Kanpur (2010-2012)
- B.Tech Thapar University (2006-2010)
- IIT Ropar- Asst. Professor (Aug. 2018-present)
- IIT Guwahati - Asst. Professor (Jun. 2017 - Aug. 2018)
- Politecnico di Torino, Italy - Postdoctoral researcher (Mar. 2017 - May. 2017)
- IIT Delhi - Research Associate - (Jul. 2016 - Feb. 2017)
- ST-Ericsson Bangalore India - System Engineer - (Jul. 2012 - Dec. 2012)
Broad Area of Research:
1. Wireless communications and networks
2. Protocols in Wireless Networks
3. Wireless network modelling and performance analysis
4. Next Generation Network Design and Architecture
5. Resource allocation in communication networks
Internship for B.Tech Students
Last Date to Apply 10th April 2019 -- http://admissions.iitrpr.ac.in/s-ee
Internships are available for a duration of 2 - 6 months (In any case not less than 6 weeks). It could be during the summer or over a semester.
SUMMER INTERNSHIP 2019: B.Tech 3rd Yr and 4th Yr. in Electronics and Communication Engg. or related brances can apply formally at the following place: http://admissions.iitrpr.ac.in/s-ee
You can also send me an email with your CV and a statement on what you would like to work on. Check for my research interests and profile for more details on kind of work our research group conducts.
Students are expected to work very seriously on their projects. You are expected to raise the bar of your work and presentation to that of an international scientific research standard and contribute in terms of research publications in reputed journals and conferences.
Last Updated: 29 Dec. 2018