Before going through this lesson make sure you are familiar with Blender Training : Session 3
- 3D viewport configuration
- Transformation pivots (Introduction)
- Mesh Modeling Tools(Introduction)
- User preferences
- Orbit around selection and Turntable
- Object transformations around various pivot points
- Transformations moving only object centers
- Object translation using just the keyboard G Z 1.2345
- Edit mode in 3D viewport
- Tab key is toggle
- Switching between vertex/edge/face select mode.
- Toggling of the manipulator using the hotkeys.
- Mesh properties
- Face normals and vertex normals
- ALT + S to shrink/flatten along vertex normals
- Smoothing the mesh and render. Cycle render slot
- Loop cut operators
- Adding loop cuts to improve the shading of the cubes corners.
Type values to finely place the loop cuts. Adding multiple loopcuts at
- Edge loop select mode.
- Face loop select mode.
- Selecting multiple face loops.
- Selecting loops and apply shrink/flatten operations.
- Enabling proportional editing and shaping the mesh.
- Using various proportional falloffs
- Sculpting mode
- Switch back to object mode and enable sculpting mode
- Use grab and smooth brushes to shape the mesh.
- Lets talk about Mesh modifiers
- Subsurf and its options
- Create a plane and play around with it.
- Introduce the extrude operator (E Key)
- Automatic extrude.... (CTRL + Left click)
satishgoda at gmail dot com