Welcome to baseball and the Jr. RallyCap Program.
The RallyCap age groups are set up by calendar year:
* Jr. RallyCap (2010 - 2012) and Sr. RallyCap (2008 - 2010). Players who were born in 2010 and have played at least one year in Jr. RallyCap can choose to register in either Jr. or Sr. RallyCap. Parents will decide which group to register for ensuring their child can have fun and be comfortable with the great game of baseball.
* Saskatoon Royals Baseball Girls zone... girls wanting to play on a girls team will register through the Blue Jays zone but will make a note in the comment section to play on an all girls team.
The Jr. RallyCap Program was designed by Baseball Canada to create an active environment with skill stations and games. The Saskatoon Minor Baseball website www.baseballsaskatoon.com has lots of information on the RallyCap division. Please look it over. You can click on the RallyCap logo on the right side of the main page to go directly to the Baseball Canada site or you can click on the RallyCap division for the Saskatoon RallyCap program.
As part of the RallyCap program, each player receives a report card and a ball cap based on their skill level.
Jr. Rally Cap Program Information (age 4-6 years old)
- Focus on FUNdamentals and baseball development
- 7-9 players per team (have friends on your team)
- Choose a Mon/Wed or Tue/Thu night schedule
- 6 pm start time
- 75 minute sessions (30 minute practice & remaining time for a game)
- Jerseys and hats supplied
- Players must supply own glove, pants and batting helmet
- RallyCap Program
- Use of community diamonds (If diamond is rained out the game is moved to a grass area)
- Game Format
* start with loaded bases
* every player bats every inning
* pitching machine or batting tee with a soft baseball
* players change position every batter (no outfielders)
To register, click on the registration link on the home page (see tab above). You will be asked to choose either Mon/Wed or Tue/Thu nights. If it does not matter which night, please make a note in the comment session. You can request to be on the same team with a friend or friends. We will try and accommodate your request (numbers permitting). Please make a note in the comment section.
Also, please make a note if you are willing to help out as a coach. Coaching is a key element to this program so please volunteer. Each team requires 2-3 parents to lead the charge.
Parents, team up together and help coach. If you are interested in helping out with a team, please complete a Coach Registration above. Thank you to all volunteer coaches!!!
2017 Registration Fees: $150
Calendar of Events:
March 15 - Registration Closes
TBD - Coaches and Teams Announced
TBD - Coaches will distribute uniforms and hats to their teams
TBD - Saskatoon RallyCap Coaches Meeting - 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm - Going Yard Baseball Warehouse (Alberta Avenue)
April 29 - RallyCap Orientation and Skills Day (Ernest Lindner Park) - 10:00 Registration, 10:30 - 12:00 Skills, 12:00 BBQ (confirm attendance with your coach)
May 1 - Season begins
June TBD - Sr. RallyCap Jamboree - Kilburn Park
June 22 - Last day of the season
3rd Annual RallyCap Orientation & Skills Day - Ernest Lindner Park - Saturday, April 29
Logistics still to be confirmed but this is what it looked like last year...
Registration 10:00 - 10:15
Session Overview 10:15 - 10:20
Baseball Skills & Fun 10:30 - 12:00
Wrap-Up & BBQ for the kids - 12:00 - 12:30
*Please confirm your attendance with your coach. We need to know our numbers for hot dogs & number of coaches needed.
**Please consider volunteering for this as we anticipate a large number of kids (last year we had 250 registered in RallyCap). We will need help with registration, BBQ, Coaching, Coach helpers, etc.
Contact our RallyCap Co-coordinators if you have any questions...
Leigh Spencer Bob Thompson
(306) 230-8660 (306) 222-3854