e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Ph. D. (Doctor of Phylosophy) in Mathematics
Department of Mathematics
Center for Advanced Study in Mathematics
Chandigarh - 160 014; INDIA.
Ph. D. Thesis :
Elastic waves at a corrugated interface between anisotropic elastic solids
Applied Mathematics, Continuum Mechanics, Solid Mechanics, Elastic waves , Computer programming in FORTRAN, Numerical Methods, Differential Equations.
( CAREERS AND EMPLOYMENT IN MATHEMATICS )
1. AMERICAN MATHEMATICAL SOCIETY(AMS)
2. NATIONAL BOARD OF HIGHER MATHEMATICS(NBHM)
6. DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS, PANJAB UNIVERSITY,
1. Tomar, S.K. and Singh, S.S., 2006.
Plane SH- waves at a corrugated interface between two dissimilar perfectly conducting self-reinforced elastic half-spaces, International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, 30(6), 455-487.
2. Singh, S.S. and Tomar, S.K. 2007.
Quasi P- waves at a corrugated interface between two dissimilar monoclinic elastichalf-spaces, International Journal of Solids and Structures, 44(1), 197-228.
3. Singh, S.S. and Tomar, S.K., 2007.
4. Singh, S.S. and Tomar, S.K., 2007.
Shear waves at a corrugated interface between two dissimilar fibre-reinforced elastic half-spaces, Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures, 2(1), 167-188.
5. Singh, S.S. and Tomar, S.K., 2008.
qP- wave at a corrugated interface between two dissimilar pre-stressed elastic half-spaces, Journal Sound and Vibration, 317, 687 – 708.
6. Singh, S.S., 2008.
Quasi nature of elastic waves in anisotropic elastic medium, Science Vision, 8(4), 152-155.
7. Singh, S.S., 2009.
Reflection and transmission of SV-wave at a plane interface between homogeneous and inhomogeneous elastic half-spaces, Science Vision, 9(2), 73-78.
8. Singh, S.S, 2008.
Elastic waves at a corrugated interface between elastic solid-liquid half-spaces. Proceeding of The Mathematical Society, Banaras Hindu University, 24, 37-57.
RESEARCH PROJECTS :
I. Completed Research Project (2009-10):
"Elastic Properties and Wave Propagation" from UGC – NERO through the Grant No. F. 5-249/2008-09(MRP/NERO)/8139.
II. Ongoing Research Project (2011-14):
Wave Propagation in elastic continua under “FAST TRACK Research Scheme of Young Scientists in Mathematical Sciences” from Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi.
Reviewer of the following International Journals :
1) Journal of Vibration and Control (JVC)
2) Meccanica (MECC)
3) Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures (FFEMS)
4) International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering
5) Multidiscipline Modeling in Materials and Structures (MMMS)
6) World of Computer Science and Information Technology Journal (WCSIT)