Preparation time: 10 ~ 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 ~ 20 minutes
Yield: 5 ~ 7
Sources: www. sarasyummybites.com
5 ~ 7 Seer fish / king fish slices / vanjaram meen
Black pepper powder as needed (optional)
Oil to fry
2 tbsp. red Chili powder
1 tbsp. coriander powder
1/2 tsp fennel seed powder
1 tsp lemon juice from fresh lemon
1/2 tsp turmeric Powder
1/4 tsp tamarind paste
1 tbsp. rice flour / corn flour
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
Salt to taste
1.Clean and wash fish fillets thoroughly. Keep it aside
2.In a separate bowl, mix the listed paste ingredients. Adjust salt and spice as needed.
3. Marinate fish slices with the prepared paste. Refrigerate the marinated fish for minimum half an hour.
4. Before frying the fish, remove the marinated fish slices from the refrigerator and keep it aside to bring it to room temperature.
5. Heat griddle on low heat, add 2 tbsp. of oil. Place the required fish slices on griddle depends on the its size. Reduce the heat and cook it 5 ~ 7 minutes on one side.
6. Flip the fish to other side and cook for another 5~7 minutes in low heat. If needed, add extra oil to avoid slices sticking to the griddle.
7. Remove the fish slices when both side becomes golden brown colour and well done. If needed, sprinkle pepper powder over the fish. Garnish with minced cilantro. Serve hot with sambar and rasam rice.