Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 3 ~ 4
1 cup raw rice
1 tbsp. butter
11/2 cups milk or more if needed
4 tbsp. curd
Salt to taste
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp channa dhal or as needed
2 green chills, chopped finely or to taste
1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 ~ 2 string curry leaves
Minced cilantro as needed
1. Cook rice with 3 1/2 cups of water till it become soft and mushy. Turn of the heat and allow the rice to cool. Do not drain the excess starch from the rice.
2. Boil the milk and allow it cool little bit. Meantime, heat oil in a skillet and add the seasoning ingredients one by one after mustard seeds splutter.
3. Fry the seasoning ingredients till it become crispy.
4. Add the seasoning to the cooked rice along with curd, butter and salt.
5. Pour in lukewarm milk and mix with spatula to avoid any lumps. Add milk or water to required consistency. Adjust Salt to taste.