Kumar S, Vollmer S. (2012) Does Access to Improved Sanitation Reduce Childhood Diarrhea in Rural India? Health Economics, doi: 10.1002/hec.2809.
 Kumar S, Calvo R, Avendon M, Sivaramakrishnan K, Berkman LF. (2012) Social support, volunteering and health around the world: Cross-national evidence from 139 countries. Social
Science and Medicine; 74(5):696-706. Press release Media HSPH press release
 Anekwe T, Kumar S. (2012) The Effect of a Vaccination Program on Child Anthropometry: Evidence from India's Universal Immunization Program, Journal of Public Health, 34(4):489-97
 Calvo R, Zheng Y, Kumar S, Ogliati A, Berkman LF. (2012) Well-Being and Social Capital on Planet Earth: Cross-National Evidence from 142 Countries, PLoS ONE 7(8): e42793.
 Association of Iodized Salt Usage with Malnutrition among Young Children in India, (Forthcoming, Asia-Pacific Journal of Public Health.)
 Travel Time to Maternity Care and its Effect on Utilization in Rural Ghana: A Multilevel Analysis (2013), with Sam Masters et al.; Social Science and Medicine, Vol 93, pp. 147–154)
 Supply-side barriers to maternity-care in India: a facility-based analysis (2014), with Emily Dansereau, PLoS ONE, 9(8): e103927. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.010392
 Does distance matter for institutional delivery in rural India? (2014), with Emily Dansereau and Chris Murray, Applied Economics, 46(33), pp. 4091-4103.
 Sam Masters et al.; Kumar, Santosh (2014) Pharmaceutical Availability across Levels of Care: Evidence from Facility Surveys in Ghana, Kenya, and Uganda, PLoS
ONE 9(12): e114762.
Children of Drought: Rainfall Shocks and Early Child Health inRural India, with Sebastian Vollmer and Ramona Molitor, Forthcoming, Population and Development Review.
 The Effect of Birth Order on Schooling in India, Accepted, Applied Economics Letters.
12. Childhood Immunization, Mortality, and Human Capital Accumulation: A Natural Experiment (Revision requested, Journal of Human Resources); *PDF*
13. Is Electrification Welfare Improving?: Non-Experimental Evidence from Rural Bhutan, with Ganesh Rauniyar (ADB) *PDF*
14. Fertility and Birth Spacing Consequences of Childhood Immunization Program: Evidence from India *PDF*
15. Preference for Boys, Family Size, and Educational Attainment in India, (joint with Adriana Kugler). NBER Working Paper 21138; CEPR DP10607, 2015.
16. Does Consuming More Calories Make You Earn More? Nutrition-Productivity Link Revisited in India, (joint with Kaushalendra Kumar, Ashish Singh, Faujdar Ram, Abhishek Singh)
17. Heterogeneous Effect of Linear Growth in Height and Weight Gain on Human Capital Accumulation in Developing Countries: A Quantile Regression Approach", (joint with Kaushalendra Kumar, Ashish Singh, Faujdar Ram, Abhishek Singh)
 Connectivity and Rural Development: Examining India's Rural Road Building Scheme, with Abhijit Banerjee (MIT) and Rohini Pande (Harvard)
 Randomized Evaluation of SHG model of Microfinance: Evidence from India, with Dean Karlan (Yale) and Mir Salim (U of Virginia), funded by AusAID
 Building Road to Development in Albania: Difference-in-Differences Matching Evidence - Baseline survey complete (Mar 2012)
 Early Fertility, Family Size, and Female Schooling: Micro-evidence from a Developing Country, with Edward Hoang (Univ of Colorado)
 Mobility and Trade: Evidence from India, with Adriana Kugler (Georgetown University) and Petia Topalova (IMF)
 Improving Health through Electrification? Evidence from Rural Bhutan, with Ganesh Rauniyar (ADB)