Shotokan Karate of America - San Jose Dojo
We provide practice session for all ages. Ideally, you will practice of karate throughout your life, so it never too late to start. Our curriculum is designed to incorporate beginners anytime, so please come join our next practice!
Shotokan Karate of America (SKA) is a non-profit organization teaching traditional karate-do. Because of SKA's strong resolve to offer high-quality martial arts to the public, SKA has remained non-commercial, non-profit, and continues to offer authentic, traditional martial arts instruction at affordable rates. More information can be found at www.ska.org
Yu-Ai Kai Akiyama Wellness Center
110 E. Jackson St.
San Jose, CA 95112
Josh receives pointers from Kevin Floyd
Uniforms are not required to start. Beginners should wear comfortable clothing suitable for physical activity such as a t-shirt and shorts or yoga pants. After attending for a couple of months you may be interested in uniforms
Class structure allows for the admittance of new students at any time
Yu-Ai Kai Akiyama Wellness Center - Japantown
- Monday 6:45 - 8:15 PM (youth dismissed after 45 minutes at 7:30PM)
- Friday 6:45 - 8:15 PM
You must pay two kinds of dues: (1) Dojo dues and (2) SKA dues.
- San Jose Dojo dues: (Youth: $180/quarterly, Adult: $60/quarterly)
- SKA dues: new SKA members pay $75 for their first year and receive,
- Student guide,
- Membership card,
- Access to members-only area of SKA's website,
- Opportunity to be ranked at kyu tests (white and brown belt ranking), and
- Many other benefits
No fees for:
- Grading/Raking There are NO grading fees for kyu tests and NO grading fees for dan (black belt ranking) tests. These are included with your membership.
- Belt fees: included with your membership.
- Uniform/Clothing surcharge fees: $0. You shop for your own uniform. We do not sell uniforms or clothing.
Already an SKA member at another dojo?
We offer a warm welcome to any and all SKA members from other SKA dojos or SKA affiliated dojos from other countries. If you are only visiting for a few practices there is no charge. If you make more regular practices with us, please ask a senior if it would be appropriate to contribute to the San Jose Dojo in some way.
Juanita faces attacker at 2014 Winter Special Training
San Jose Dojo members attending 2014 Winter Special Training
San Jose Dojo members attending 2016 Winter Special Training