I am an Assistant Adjunct Professor in the Department of Mathematics at UCLA, working with Stan Osher. I received my PhD in applied mathematics from Emory University in 2019, where I worked under the guidance of Lars Ruthotto. My research interests lie in the fields of scientific computing and numerical analysis. In particular, I am interested in inverse problems, PDE-constrained optimization, and machine learning.
I am from Valencia, Venezuela, and received my bachelors in applied mathematics from Brown University in 2014, where I studied under the supervision of Johnny Guzmán.
- 12/2019: Our preprint A Machine Learning Framework for Solving High-Dimensional Mean Field Game and Mean Field Control Problems is out. Thanks to Lars Ruthotto, Wuchen Li, Stan Osher, and Levon Nurbekyan for the collaboration.
- 11/2019: I will talk about machine learning for high-dimensional mean field games at the Level Set Collective seminar. Thanks to Stan Osher for the invitation.
- 11/2019: Our paper on Multigrid Optimization for Ptychographic Phase Retrieval was accepted for publication by the SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences. Thanks for Wendy Di for the collaboration.
- 07/2019: Arrived in LA. I will talk about multiscale and asynchronous optimization for PDE parameter estimation in the Level Set Collective seminar. Thanks to Stan Osher for the invitation.
- 03/2019: Our paper An Uncertainty-Weighted Asynchronous ADMM Method for Parallel PDE Parameter Estimation was accepted for publication by SIAM SISC. Thanks to Lars Ruthotto for the collaboration.
Department of Mathematics
520 Portola Plaza, MS 7619F
Los Angeles, California, 90095