Samuel LeeVisiting Assistant Professor, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR), 2014-2015
Assistant Professor of Finance, Stern School of Business, New York University, 2009-
Ph.D. Finance, Stockholm School of Economics
M.A./B.A., Business Administration & Political Science, Goethe University, Frankfurt
Research Associate, European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI), 2013-
Corporate finance, corporate governance, financial markets, social networks
1. Burkart, Mike and Samuel Lee, 2015, "Signalling to Dispersed Shareholders and Corporate Control," Review of Economic Studies, 82(3), 922-962.
2. At, Christian, Mike Burkart, and Samuel Lee, 2011, "Security-Voting Structure and Bidder Screening," Journal of Financial Intermediation, 20(3), 458-476.
3. Burkart, Mike and Samuel Lee, 2008, "One Share-One Vote: The Theory," Review of Finance, 12(1), 1-49.
4. Hedge Fund Activism vs. Hostile Takeover Bids (with Mike Burkart), July 2015 (new)
5. Risk Management Failures (with Matthieu Bouvard), June 2015 (new).
6. Smart Buyers (with Mike Burkart), December 2014, submitted
7. Financing from Family and Friends (with Petra Persson), April 2013, under revision for 2nd round8. Market Liquidity, Active Investment, and Markets for Information, June 2013
9. Human Trafficking and Regulating Prostitution (with Petra Persson), December 2013
10. Authority versus Loyalty: Social Incentives and Governance (with Petra Persson), August 2011
11. Gold Rush Dynamics of Private Equity (with Daniel Sunesson)