PcRemote is a convenient tool to control a PC with a remote control of Samsung Internet TV
There is only one requirement - Samsung Internet TV and your PC must be in the same home network. In most cases it is true. :)
Just execute attached executable program in your PC and set up the IP address in the Setting (Blue Button) Menu of the PcRemote App. Now you can move mouse cursor, mimic multimedia buttons(Play/pause/forward/backward/etc) other fun operations using your TV remote control.
Three steps to use the application;
- Run PcRemote server
- Setup connection to server
- Try buttons shown in the on-screen help.
Things you with PcRemote!
- Regardless of modes you can use the following functions
- Press 'Play' button to mimic Play multimedia key in your keyboard.
- Press 'Pause' button to mimic Pause multimedia key in your keyboard.
- Press 'Stop' button to mimic Stop multimedia key in your keyboard.
- Press 'Forward' button to mimic Forward multimedia key in your keyboard.
- Press 'Backward' button to mimic Backward multimedia key in your keyboard.
- Functions of multimedia keys depend on PC settings. Typically they are connected with Windows Media Player, but you may bind them to other player.
- You can change Mode using A(Red) button on your remote.
- You can press C(Yellow) button on your remote to see "RemoteHelp".
- In Basic Mode
- Press Arrow buttons in your remote to press Arrow keys in your keyboard.
- Press Enter button in your remote to press Enter key in your keyboard.
- Number pads (1~9, MINUS, 0, PRE-CH buttons) in your remote are mapped to special keys such as Home/End/PgUp/PgDn.
- Especially, Number 7, MINUS, Number 0, PRE-CH buttons are mapped to SHIFT, CTRL, WIN, ALT key of the keyboard respectively. These keys toggle press and release state to maximize the user convenience.
- In Mouse Mode
- Press Arrow buttons in your remote to move your mouse cursor.
- Press Enter button in your remote to click left mouse button.
- Four buttons surrounding Arrow buttons are mapped to 'Control-click', 'Right-click', 'Double-click' and 'Shift-click' mouse operation respectively.
- Number pads in your remote are mapped to the function keys (F1~F12) of your keyboard.
PcRemote Application also supports XBMC
. See here
for more details.
See also GmailTicker app here
for any question or suggestion.