Justice Muthakhi was involved in the compilation of a CD Avoid - The Censored songs, which is available in the market.
"The South African apartheid era saw many laws that censored or stifled the South African public and creative expression - the music industry was no exception.
The South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC), the only broadcaster at the time, formed a committee known as the Record Acceptance Committee, to evaluate lyrics before they could be considered for playlisting.
The committee decided what was acceptable to the SABC and therefore to the public, in terms of reference to politics, sex, drugs, blasphemy, religion, profanity and violence. [...]
This collection of songs celebrates banned tracks and artists from the Apartheid era, mostly for their political agendas or references. These songs, initially not given the playlisting they deserved in their time, are platformed here for one and all." (Extract from the inside of the cover)
Tracks on the CD:
1. Winds Of Change --- Nona Hendrix
2. Pitoli --- Mzwakhe Mbuli
3. West Wind --- Miriam Makeba
4. Biko --- Peter Gabriel
5. Whispers In The Deep --- Stimela
6. Oh Lord Why Lord --- Brook Benton
7. Black President --- Brenda Fassie
8. Why Can't We Live Together --- Timmy Thomas
9. Sekuru --- Alec Khaoli
10. Unconditional Love --- Donna Summer
11. Remake The World --- Jimmy Cliff
12. Hapo Zamani --- Miriam Makeba
13. Sing Our Own Song --- UB40
14. Chant Of The Marching --- Sipho Hotstix Mabuse
15. Open Letter To The President --- Roy C