About the Workforce Board
The Regional Workforce Investment Board and Chief Elected Officials are responsible for the oversight of workforce development activities in the seven counties of Southwest Iowa that comprise Region 13.
- Develop Region 13 IowaWORKS as a comprehensive career and employment resource, which is user friendly, accessible and customer focused.
- Align community college training efforts with business and the public workforce system activities to meet the skills training needs of high growth industries.
- Actively pursue youth training strategies, particularly emphasizing educational attainment and productive employment.
- Increase opportunities for employers to use apprenticeship training as a skills development
methodology, combining on-the-job training and academics, to ensure a pipeline of skilled
- Explore support for private and public sector partnerships to ensure the development of workers' skills in demand occupations based on industry needs.
The next RWIB-CEO Joint Meeting will be held in Room 023 of Looft Hall on the IWCC campus in Council Bluffs.
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
9:00 -11:00 AM
The next Workforce Partners/Youth Council meeting is on Monday, 3/24/14 at 1:00, in the IWCC Adult Learning Center.