I am a researcher in the area of computer science with focus on applying and extending database technologies for modern application with special interest to scientific applications. My research interests lie in database kernel development and database applications.
Database kernel interests are:
- Cost-based query optimization of complex and scientific queries;
- Query processing from query parsing to query execution;
- Support for On-Line Transactional Processing (OLTP) and ACID transactions;
- Support for On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP) and column stores;
- Efficient execution of scientific queries;
- Data Stream Management Systems (DSMS);
- Database performance benchmarking;
- Declarative query languages to support scientific and other modern applications;
- Database testing.
Database application interests are:
- Modeling modern and scientific data-intensive applications in declarative query languages of database management systems (DBMSs);
- Data integration using wrapper/mediator techniques;
- Applying federated databases for secure data integration cross organizations;
- Supporting epidemiological and other register-based research;
- Database support for e-Science.
I am working as a research engineer in the area of database technologies at Starcounter AB
, Stockholm. We are developing the fastest enterprise database.
Recently I worked as researcher and developer on a project Cross-Organizational Database Infrastructure for register-based Research (CODIR)
at the Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm. The goal of the project to develop and test proposal for an efficient and secure infrastructure supporting register-based research in Sweden.
I live in Uppsala
, where I have received PhD in Computer Science with specialization in Database Technologies from Uppsala University
. My doctoral study was performed in Uppsala DataBase Laboratory
under supervision of Professor Tore Risch
. Originally I am from St. Petersburg
, Russia, where I completed my undergraduate education: BSc in Applied Mathematics and MSc in Computer Science, at Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University "LETI"
I am a professional member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
and the ACM Special Interest Group on Management of Data (SIGMOD)