Jacob Rush (1740-50 -- ca 1832) - His wife in a land deed in Monroe County is Prudance. According to a suit in the Monroe County, Ohio Clerk of Courts (1833) his son-in-law was Alexander Massie and he had a son named Samuel. Massie researchers identify the wife of Alexander Massie as Mary Rush. 1. Mary Rush 1784-1845 married Alexander Massie (Massie family web site)
2. Samuel Rush - There is a Samuel Rush in 1850 Vermillion Co. IN who was born in PA in 1788. However, Jacob also had a young man in his home in 1830 who was between 16-26. That would fit the age of Samuel. Jeremiah and Isaac Rush are also named in this suit, as well as John Truax.
Isaac Rush (ca 1785 - after 1850) - His wife in 1850 was Elizabeth. It is theorized she is a second wife, and not the mother of his children.
1. Possible unidentified son born between 1804-1810
2. Jemima 1806-1881 - married John Clithero
3. Rachel ca 1808 - ?
4. Elizabeth 1810 - before 1863 - married George Brock
5. Joshua B. 1812-after 1880, married Mary Mellott
6. Isaac II 1816-1893 married Amy Barkus
7. Richard 1819-1862 - married Mary (Maiden name unknown. She married (2nd) David Giffin.)
8. Slater Benson 1823-1890, married Prudance Morris
Jeremiah Rush 1775-1794 - after 1830, wife Mary (not known).
1. Samuel 1806 - after 1850. His wife was deceased by 1850 census, but may have been Elizabeth who died in June 1850. He may have died before 1860 as his daughter Jemima is married and living in Champaign, Illinois. Living with her are two of Samuel's youngest children. Another son, Reuben, also went west. (My basis for placing Samuel as a son of Jeremiah is that he was in Tyler County at the same time as Mary, whom I believe was the widow of Jeremiah. He also fits the age grouping of a son of Jeremiah in the 1820 and 1830 census. With the information now found [8/2010] regarding Samuel Rush as the son of Jacob, it causes one to wonder if it is this Samuel.) (Tim Bode identifies this Samuel with the Peter & Elizabeth Stull Rush family.)
There were at least 4 sons and 5 daughters in this family.
Bethuel Rush 1791-1852 - wife Sarah Reed 1797-1873
1. Joseph ca 1820, married Ruhama Colbert
2. Margaret died 1850-1853, married Washington Snodgrass
3. Tabitha b 1820-25
4. Son b 1820-25 (not named in will)
5. Rachel Ann 1827- , married William Ashby
6. Hannah Jane b 1825-1830
7. Martin Tishue 1829 - , married Mary unknown
8. Thankful 1832-1902, married Jacob Sivert
9. Malissa 1836 - , John Blake
Richard Rush 1794-1804 - ca Oct 1824, married Hannah (probably Green).
1. Son - possibly David Rush born 1819 (in Henry County, Indiana in 1850.)
2. Daughter - possibly Rhoda 1820- , married Jeffrey Manlove, 2nd Ezra Johns
3. Unknown 1820-1824
Elias Rush 1796-after 1860, married Pernelia Pittman (she died before 1837), 2nd Ellen unknown. He went to Morrow County and died after 1860.
1. Samuel 1835 -
2. Isaac 1837 -
3. Jemima 1840 -
4. Jackson 1842 -
5. Mary 1846 -
6. Nina 1852 -
7. Martha E. 1854 -
8. Malinda 1856 -
Peter Rush - 1775-1780 - after 1840, married Elizabeth Stull
1. Charles 1799-1857 married Susannah Coen
2. Paul 1803- , married Dorcas Conger
3. Elizabeth 1805- , Morgan Pew
4. Samuel 1806-after 1850
5. Peter 1808 - 1852, married Elizabeth Pew
6. Phebe 1809, married William Laflen (proven by Hardesty's History of Tyler County, WV 1880.)
7. Hannah 1812- ,married Joseph Hendershot
8. Abraham 1813 - , married Elizabeth Goddard
9. Ivy 1818 - , married David Pew
10. Mary Ann - 1822-1903, married Lorenzo Leep
(Another possible daughter is Elizabeth Jemima Pittman born about 1798, who married William Pittman.) Thanks to Tim Bode for his great work on this family.
Samuel Rush who married Catharine Piles in Belmont County is the son of Conrad Rush of Belmont County, Ohio. (Will of Conrad Rush)