- How do I get a library card?
- All residents and property owners in the Town of Roanoke is eligible for a card. Non-residents of the Town of Roanoke may obtain a library card for an annual fee of $48. If you are a student at Roanoke Elementary School, see Principal Roth for a paper to fill out for a free card if you don't live in the town of Roanoke.
- How long can I keep a book?
- Books and other print materials are loaned for 21 days. Audio books and audio tapes are also loaned for 21 days.
- Do you have other stuff to check out besides books?
- The library has magazines, music CDs, audio books,books with tapes,VHS video tapes,and DVDs.
- How long can I keep a movie?
- DVD and VHS tapes are loaned for one week.
- What happens if my stuff is overdue?
- Fines are assessed for items held beyond their due date- $.25 a day for book, other print materials, audiobooks, audio tapes, DVDs and VHS tapes.
- Can I put a hold on a book that is checked out to someone else?
- You may place a checked out book on hold for you to be contacted when it is returned.
- Does the library have any computer connected to the Internet that I can use?
- The Roanoke Public Library has 6 computers that are open to the public. All are connected to the Internet.
- Do I have to have a card to use the computers?
- No, you only have to sign in on the computer. If you are under 18 years of age you must have your parent/guardian sign a RPL Parental Consent Form Computer & Internet.
- Can I print things from the library's computers?
- Printing from the computers is available at $.10 a page for black & white and $.30 a page for color.
- Can I play my wireless game or use my wireless laptop in the library?
- Yes, the Roanoke Public Library is a FREE wireless Internet hub.
- Can I make copies in the library?
- A copy machine is available and copies can be made at $.10 a page for single side; $.15 for double-sided; $.15 for legal size; $.25 for double-sided legal size; $.20 a page for single side 11 1/2" x 16" and $.30 a page for double-sided 11 1/2" x 16".
- Can I send a fax?
- The library staff will fax your papers at $1.00 per connected fax number for the first 5 pages and $.25 each for page 6 and beyond. The library can also receive your faxes for the same pricing as sending a fax.
- Can I scan things into a computer at the library?
- The library staff can assist you in scanning pages, pictures or other printed materials. These items can then be printed or sent to an email address.
- Can I use my flash drive at the library?
- Yes, policy allows the use of flash drives. The public computers have USB ports at the front of the tower for easy access.
- What happens if I want a book the library doesn't have?
- Ask! The library staff may be able to borrow the book from another library through the Evergreen Indiana system or even through Interlibrary loan.
- How can I renew my stuff?
Things can be renewed online through your library account at http://www.roanoke.lib.in.us
, by coming into the library and asking the staff to renew them or you may call the library at 260-672-2989 and ask over the phone. All items are renewable one time.
- Can I use my card at other libraries?
- Yes, even though the Roanoke Public Library is an independent library, the card is valid at any Evergreen Indiana Library.